Is Coordination Enough for you?
Day Of Coordination, typically consists of one coordinator, who sits down with you to get a timeline of the wedding day, they may or may not attend the rehearsal, and on the wedding day work 8-10 hours on the day.
They typically will assist with very light setup at the reception – including place cards, favors, pictures, guest book, cake knife, toasting flutes. They will assist at the ceremony & reception with an emergency kit and follow the timeline and put out the fires as they come. They typically leave after the dancing starts.
We have found, that couple’s need more help than the above as they want a flawless + instagram perfect event.
sash&bow does not offer Day Of Coordination and here’s why:
- More than one meeting prior to the wedding day is needed to get all the details to know exactly what will happen on the wedding day.
- Design and layout of the room is essential in creating a feel or environment to the wedding. You may have some rentals and floral in place, but have both vendors met with each other to make sure every detail is accounted for?
- Layout of the reception location must flow and ensure that each vendor is able to produce the best product for your day and in front of your guests (photographer, dj/band, baker, videographer for speeches, etc.)
- The coordinator must communicate clearly with the reception location/caterer prior to the wedding day and review event orders to ensure food service, bar details/changes, and that the timelines jive.
- sash&bow designers utilize an elevated level of rentals, lighting, and linens than local businesses provide.
- Contact with all vendors and coordinator must happen before the wedding day to ensure accuracy and open communication lines on the wedding day.
- A bride, groom and their family should be able to enjoy their day and not worry about transporting items or taking down at the end of the night.
- A coordinator should never work alone, there are two many details, guests and locations – there should always (with any vendor in fact) be a back-up assistant to step in if the main coordinator is tied up.
- Access to additional setup crew is essential if there is a lot of decor/rentals to be setup and taken down.
I hear over and over, I don’t need a planner because I know who I want to hire, or I hired all my vendors so I just need someone on the day.
My friends, I must be honest with you… to offer the level of attention + detail you see on instagram posts and our extensive galleries on our website + blogs more time and planning is needed to finalize all those details and orchestrate the perfect event.